Julius B.-M. Anang (MD, PhD, FRCPC)
|Availability:||Appointment by Consultation Only|
|Medical School:||Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz, Germany|
|Neurology residency:||University of Saskatchewan, University of Manitoba|
|Movement Disorders Fellowship:||McGill University, Montreal, Canada|
|Others:||Postgraduate Studies in Internal Medicine: Charite Berlin, Germany|
|Languages:||English, French and German (consultations in any of these languages)|
Diagnosis and management of movement disorders
– Parkinson disease and Parkinson-like disorders
Including advanced therapies such as continuous levodopa-carbidopa intestinal gel infusion therapy
– Dystonia, tremor, ataxia, tics, myoclonus, chorea
– Botulinum toxin injection therapy for movement disorders
– Dyskinesias and drug-induced movement disorders etc.
– Neurological aspects of sleep disorders including sleep related movement disorders
– Selected areas of general neurology
Diagnosis and management of motor and non-motor symptoms /complications of Parkinson disease.
1. Postuma RB, Anang J, Pelletier A, Joseph L, Moscovich M, Grimes D, Furtado S, Munhoz RP, Appel-Cresswell S, Moro A, Borys A, Hobson D and Lang AE. Caffeine as a Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease (Café-PD): A Randomized Controlled Trial. Submitted to Neurology (2017).
2. Anang JBM, Nomura T, Romenets SR, Nakashima K, Gagnon JF, Postuma RB. Dementia Predictors in Parkinson Disease: A Validation Study. J Parkinson’s Disease 2017; 7(1) 159 -162. Doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/JPD-160925
3. Fereshtehnejad SM, Romenets SR, Anang JB, Latreille V, Gagnon JF, Postuma RB. New Clinical Subtypes of Parkinson Disease and Their Longitudinal Progression: A Prospective Cohort Comparison With Other Phenotypes. JAMA Neurol. 2015 Aug;72(8):863-73.
4. Romenets SR, Anang J, Fereshtehnejad SM, Pelletier A, Postuma RB. Tango for treatment of motor and non-motor manifestations in Parkinson’s disease: A Randomized control study. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 2015; 23:175-184. Doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2015.01.015
5. Kawada T, Anang JB, Postuma R. Predictors of dementia in Parkinson disease: A prospective cohort study. Author response. Neurology 2015; 84(12): 1285-6.
6. Anang JB, Gagnon JF, Bertrand JA, Romenets SR, Latreille V, Panisset M, Montplaisir J,
Postuma RB. Predictors of dementia in Parkinson disease: A prospective cohort study. Neurology 2014; 83(14): 1253-60 Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0000000000000842
7. Anang J and Tellez-Zenteno JF (2012). Single Unprovoked Seizure: Wait Time to Full Medical Assessment, Does it Matter? Neurol. Bull. 2012; 4: 1 – 11
|Published Manuscripts and books: